The swimmer is a 1968 technicolor american drama starring burt lancaster with janet landgard and janice rule in featured roles the film was written and directed by academy award nominated husband and wife team of eleanor perry screenplay adaptation and frank perry director the story is based on the 1964 short story the swimmer by john cheever which appeared in the july 18 1964 issue . The swimmer it was one of those midsummer sundays when everyone sits around saying i drank too much last night you might have heard it whispered by the parishioners leaving church heard it from the lips of the priest himself struggling with his. The swimmer a short story by american author john cheever was originally published in the new yorker on july 18 1964 and then in the 1964 short story collection the brigadier and the golf widow
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.